November 26, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING & WHATCHA WORKING ON WEDNESDAY

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!...Sorry I've sort of been MIA since last Thursday...My emails have piled up and I've not been on the computer reading blogs or messages...I took Luke to the doctor on Thursday to have 4 shots....Tim came home early to go, too...When we got home he asked for the pic of the cabinet I'd been wanting...I ran like the wind to get it!!!....I've been wanting one for many many years...One to put all my supplies away in and out of sight when not using...Especially since Luke gets into everything....Well, Tim spent several hours drawing a sketch and figuring up how much wood to get....I told him how I was going to do the sides when I got the wood to do it and that it could have one door or two...We then went for wood and supplies....We were gone several hours that night....Then on Friday night when he got home he said he was going to start on the cabinet....I was in the middle of still decorating for Christmas, keeping Luke occupied, and doing laundry....By about midnight he had the entire cabinet made except for the doors put on...WOW!!!!....DID I TELL YOU THAT I JUST LOVE MY HUSBAND!!????!!!.......On Saturday he finished it up while I was doing Christmas decorating, keeping Luke occupied, and laundry!!..LOL.....Later in the day I went out to put a coat of paint on it...His question was "What's the rush?"....Did I tell you I had wanted one FOREVER??...DUD!...Why not??!!!...So the blue was on drying by that evening....Then on Sunday it was church, lunch, get Luke down for nap, and then out to stain the cabinet....Sadly the cool weather was hindering the drying
process.....But on Monday evening it was ready to be brought in...YEAH!!!!!....
So from this mess to this......

I kept telling her I didn't need a Price Is Right model!!!!...ha!

By all means ignore that white trim and light fixture...It has been there since we bought the house 7 months ago...I'm ordering a new light fixture and the trim is going to be painted after the first of the year!!!...And I'm starting on curtains as soon as I get Luke to sleep tonight.....OH and by the way....Two weeks later I'm still working on Christmas!!!!.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I signed up for a secret santa swap over on the blog "Bittersweet Prims"....I got my wonderful package from Mary from Temecula, California...Thank you Mary!!!

As soon as I showed Luke the snowman he walked over and put it on the tree and it has been there every since..The candle smells soooo good!!!...Thank you so much, Mary!!!!....
Also today I got my ebay items in the mail...I ordered some personalized letters to santa with our names on them....TIMMY, JENNY, TAYLOR and LUKE...They smell so good and I think they are made out of muslin....

Well, that is what I've been up to..I'm off to get Luke to bed and make some curtains....HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM OUR FAMILY TO YOURS!!!!....hugs,Jen

8 comments:

Leslie said...

The cupboard is wonderful! What a great way to hide it all and what a great hubby. :)

The fabric Santa letters are cute, too! Very nice find.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving :)

Leslie

Sandy said...

I think your Santa envelopes are just to cute!

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Love that Cupboard! WTG hubby!

Mary said...

Jen~
You're very welcome! I'm glad you like the gifts! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
~Mary~

Unknown said...

What a great cupboard, I think that your hubby had better come up to Peterborough for a weekend, I could use him for sure. I cannot believe that he made that so fast..holy moly, I have been waiting almost four years for a simple table for my dining area in my kitchen!

I am so excited to be the recipient for you for our Secret Santa exchange! More excited than you can imagine. I have been feeling a bit sorry for myself this past few days, and when I came and started reading your blog, it gave me a kick in the behind. A present from you will perk me right up, I can only hope that it is homemade:)

I love the Santa letters. I have some of that muslin here that can go in my computer, now if I had a sweet cabinet like yours, I would be able to find it in a jiffy! I must remember to link that on my blog, what a great gift idea. My first granchild is due in February, and it would be a great tradition to start for him.

Have a great time decorating, I think that I had better get started this weekend as well.

Wooly hugs,
Trudy

whitey said...

For a minute I thought it was made from old barn wood but it is new wood it looks great how did you do that?

~Judy~ said...

What a lucky girl you are to have your husband make that for you so quickly! It looks really tall. The Santa letters are just adorable! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Hugs,
Judy

Anonymous said...

Great cabinet and great Hubby too! Can't wait to see your Christmas Pics! Hope your Turkey day was Happy! Sherri