March 29, 2009

PICTURES TO SHARE ON THIS SUNDAY!!!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!!!...It has been pouring buckets here with some thunder and lightning....I love rainy days when I don't have to go out!!...Not so much when I do!!

So I snapped some pics of my new coverlet on my bed...I absolutely love it!!!...It is my gift from Tim for our 21st wedding anniversary that was on Thursday...It is reversible so I can have two different looks...I tried it different ways and I like it turned down with both sides showing and my pillows stacked in plain sight....It makes it very easy to make up also...I got it here http://www.finecountrylivingprimitives.com/store/Default.asp......

















































And I wanted to share a sweet little gift my friend Robby sent me from Scotland....She called me one day to see if I had received my gift and I hadn't, so I knew something was coming...When I got home from spending the night at the hospital after Tim's surgery it was waiting for me...I was so excited when I opened it...She had sent it to cheer me up after my car being totaled in the car crash...What a sweet friend!!!...I haven't found a home for her yet, but she sits by my chair alot when I'm x-stitching, so she may stay there...I just love looking at her!!...Thank you so much Robby!!!...You can have one or two or three or five, too.LOL..She sells them on her picturetrail that I listed several post ago...Go down my post til you get to her picturetrail...
















And back in October when my parents came to visit my mom brought a bunch of old x-stitch magazines.... She had gotten them from a friend that was getting rid of them....I enjoyed going through them!!...She then handed me a box that had this beauty in it...She had first offered it to my sister, but she didn't want it...Well, lucky for me!!!!!...It has been sitting for some time with no pic in it...I wanted a simple G to put in it...Just plain and simple...So the other night I stitched one up on linen and then coffee dyed it....Until I get a grubby candle I stuck a nubbie in it...Don't you just love the simple simplicity of it????













































I hope you have a restful Sunday!!!...Until next time!!...hugs, Jen

14 comments:

Robby said...

Wow love the coverlet!!!! Happy 21st anniversary to you and Tim!!! The frame with the G looks great. Bet your sister is wishing it was hers. Glad you liked the doll...I know it was one that you had your eye on.

Go and check out the cross stitch challenge on my blog.

xxxRobby

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

What a beautiful coverlet and great job on the "G" frame ~ darling. I love the doll Robby sent you, too. Have a great Sunday. Love your blog!

Backwoodsprim said...

Hey there!
Your coverlet is just beautiful!
Might I add that you have the nicest photos in your posts....
Would you please e-mail me....I'd like to ask you more about your picture taking....camera, settings and such...your's are in such beautiful arrangements and I love the lighting!

My e-mail is: backwoods.primitives@gmail.com

Thank you!
Backwoodsprim

My Colonial Home said...

Well I had fun reading your blog just now!
LOVE THE COVERLET....nice gift. Your room is just so pretty.

I love the G in the frame - I've seen these frames in pictures but never have found one in an Antiques shop at all....very nice and simple statement.

Now isn't that Robby something? She does such wonderful things out of pure kindness and friendship. You doll is adorable....and I'd keep her close as well.

Karen
http://mycolonialhome.blogspot.com/
kmprimitives@yahoo.com

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Great looking room Jen. Don't you love the versatility of the coverlets? Yours is perfect with your colors.

The doll from Robby and frame from your mom are wonderful. Sweet treasures to add to your lovely home.

Have a great Sunday!

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Oh Jen, i love that coverlet, i am wanting something new for my bed. Where did you get yours??
And the doll, i just love Robbys work!! That frame is so unusual, i think the G is perfect for it!

ohiofarmgirl said...

The coverlet is wonderful. My sister has one just like it picked out but has yet to take the plunge and buy it.
Your primitive doll is adorable, she does such great work.
I love old cross stitching magazines and I have many of them. Enjoy your Sunday. Dianntha

Sherie said...

Jen, what wonderful gifts you have received. I like the coverlet turned down also, shows both sides. The doll looks great. My favorite is the candlestick. So unusual. Love the G on there. Hope you Sunday is restful. Sherie

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Your bedroom looks great! I love that coverlet too! Happy Annniversary, by the way!
That was really sweet of your friend to send the surprise dolly. And the candle holder is awesome! Yes, I love the simplicity of it! You did a great job!

Have a nice week!

Shakerwood said...

Happy Anniversary.....think you can drop some hints to my Dear Hubby? Our anniversary is in May. And I love the frame. Your sister just doesn't know what she gave up!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Happy Anniversary Jen!! I love your new coverlet! Your room looks great! Have a great week!~Wendy

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

Hi Taylor!
I been absent from blog visiting for awhile and I just wanted to thank you for sharing such great pictures! Everything is so inspiring! You have a great eye for decorating!
The coverlet looks wonderful!
Smiles,
Beth

Janene said...

What amazing eye candy!
I love your bedroom...so warm and cozy looking!
Thank you for sharing it with us and giving me some great ideas!

kathy said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your coverlet, one of those is on my wish list :-) It looks perfect in your bedroom, the blue colors are soooo pretty.
Your doll and the framed "G" are very nice too!
blessings, kathy