June 2, 2012

Oh, my! Where do I begin? I've been gone so long from my blog that I've had people checking on me...All I can say is life got in the way..It was been a crazy busy time...I left off when we traveled to visit my Granny Ross who had a stroke, getting ready for Luke's graduation, meeting with teachers that worked with him this year and then meetings with ones that will work with him this year, vacation trips to Myrtle Beach, SC and Charleston, SC, adopting two new fur babies, a bunch of other things going on and ending this week with Luke's last day of soccer camp...I'm ready for some lazy summer days....

It has been an emotional time and busy time...Our vacation time did wonders for my spirits and stress levels...Ending the school year and planning a new one got to me so bad and I was a mess...My emotions were everywhere..I cried at everything and that is so not me...But when it comes to my kids I wear my heart on my sleeve....Ending another school year and planning on another one got the best of me...I will share more about that as it gets closer to school...It is summer and I want to focus on summer things...We will still have some days of school here at the house this summer to keep Luke up to where he is and so he doesn't forget everything this summer, so his teacher (from the school system that traveled and worked with him at preschool this year at our church) has been coming to the house to have class with him here...

But I hope to get some things finished up on my work table to share with you and check in more often in the coming days...I still have the house tore apart with the decorating...Changing things and taking out things...Trying to decide if I want to make stencils or buy them...We're going to remodel the laundry room first and unless we change our minds we plan on putting bead board on the ceilings...Thinking about painting the gathering room a lighter color....etc.....So, I will share as we decide to do these things....

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!! ~~~~~hugs, Jen

 

10 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Good to hear from you. Yes, life can get busy and hectic. Sounds like you have some great ideas and changes for your home.

Earlene said...

Hi Jenn,
good thing you posted..I was getting worried. Sounds very hectic in your neck of the woods.
Enjoy your Summer.
oxox

Pamela@ The Sampler Makers Farmhouse said...

I know how you feel, the work load and daily responsibilities never end, and the projects and work load continues to mount! Take care of yourself, and put your feet up, you deserve it!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad ya are back and summer is almost here and the outdoors is always great for the mind and soul..Have a great weekend..

Unknown said...

Your patterns are really beautiful and your finish so gorgeous, compliments I will follow you!!!

Unknown said...

Your patterns are really beautiful and your finish so gorgeous, compliments I will follow you!!!

Jennifer Ann Fox said...

Glad to see you back. I can so relate to the hectic life.
I thought of you last week I was in a place called Trash and Treasures between Cleveland and Helen and there was a Colonial blue board that had "the Taylor's" on it. I almost got it for you!!!

Jennifer

Simply Shelley said...

Busy times for you :) Hope you get some down time and rest soon. Life can become very stressful at times...remember to rest and you will do well :)
Blessings

My Colonial Home said...

MORNING JEN....well it sounds as if you have had a fun but busy time of it...good for you!!!
I so love visiting you and seeing all you accomplish even with being busy outside your home.
You are truly an inspiration to me kiddo...if only I had half of your energy.
Blessings Jen and big hugs...miss ya!

Karen

La Maison des Plaines said...

Hi! Jen,

Happy your back & you all enjoyed the quality time ;oD

I agree! life has a way of keeping us quite busy at times. I'm slowly catching up with my work load since the surgery :o( One thing at a time. lol

Enjoy! yourself & this beautiful weather. Take care.

Blessings & Hugs,
Marlene