November 7, 2012

Hi everyone! I just wanted to pop in and let you know I'm still here...I finally turned my main computer back on tonight...It is still covered in dust and has been shut down since my last post and construction began....If I was on line it was on my tablet, but I hate typing on it...

I'm living on concrete and thinset floors....I have most everything packed up and I just dug my sewing table out the other day...I finished up my last orders and started on some Christmas things in my spare time...Yeah, lots of spare time....That was said with eyes rolling and sarcastically...lol

So, Tim and I removed 500 square feet of ceramic tile all by ourselves....Not one single argument between us the whole time...lol..Now that is LOVE!!! we both felt whipped and cleaned and dusted ALOT...I had body aches I didn't even know i could have...And right after midnight while we were still removing tile Tim wished me a HAPPY BIRTHDAY...I turned 46...

We worked on removing the tile from 10:30 that morning to 2:30, almost 3:00 Saturday morning....I know the neighbors were hating us because we had the power tool going til then with the windows open, but no police officers showed up with complaints...

So, it has started back up since Tim had a business trip and was gone for 6 days inbetween....We hope to get the rest of the quikset up, so we can start laying hardwood on Saturday...I hope it goes as planned...I will let you know... 

I also got ready for a yard sale and finally sold the rest of the old things we've had in the garage the past 4 yrs....I got rid of things I never thought I would....So, I feel like i can mark off a few things on the list....We have things we need to get done before Upward basketball starts in January and takes Tim's Friday nights and Saturdays...

Hopefully I will be back with some pictures of some hardwood.... 

In the meantime, I won't be on the computer much, so please be patient with responses to emails...I'm wayyyyyyyyyyyy behind with not being online... 

Blessings from the farmhouse.....~~hugs,Jen  

3 comments:

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Jen,
Gosh you are one busy lady - and I sure can feel for you getting down and working on the floor like that. I hurt all over just getting down to clean out the lower cupboards!!! Yikes that was a long time working like that.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADY.
Like everyone else I can't wait to see the finished floor...it's going to look so wonderfully prim.
Karen

Diane said...

Soooo, how strenuous is it removing floor tiles?
I wish we had never put them in our kitchen, but husband has had a bypass and stents and I am concerned about the stress involved in taking the tiles up.

Earlene said...

Happy Birthday Jenn!
can't wait to see your new floor.
TGIF